Wednesday, March 19, 2008

careerbuilder is a terrible site for job hunting!

Of all the job sites I used in my last job search, careerbuilder takes the cake as the most annoying and spam-ridden. From the moment I signed up, I started getting irrelevant and fraudulent emails from purpored employers who liked my resume and then proceeded to offer jobs that bore no relationship to my job experience.

Even after I pulled my resume, I continued to get spam email from jobspammers. I wrote to their customer service and they told me it wasn't their fault. Well, who's fault is it that I get emails from spammers who use some variation of careerbuilder's name in their emails?

There are much better sites like hot jobs, dice, monster, simply hired etc. that don't result in a lifetime subscription to junk emails. Stay away from careerbuilder and your career will be better off!

Got any favorite job search sites? Got some others to warn people about? Here's the chance to help your fellow grownups!

No comments: